join our team
Salary: $74k to $84k plus superannuation and travel allowance
Work Type: Full Time or Part Time (minimum 3 days/week)
New England Behaviour Support is based in Tamworth providing therapy to children, teens and adults who need support with building relationships (social skills), regulating their emotions and improving wellbeing using play, strengths based and person centred approaches.
As a Social Worker, you will be required to assess and treat clients who have difficulty with social skills, emotional regulation and wellbeing.
You will work mostly with people who may have intellectual and physical disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder (Levels 1, 2 & 3), Down Syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Dementia, Acquired Brain Injury plus many more who are either participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme or Fee For Service.
You will be required to work directly with clients and their support networks to build their capacity and reach their identified goals within the NEBS Clinic or community.
You will be required to work independently and also as part of a Social Work team to ensure positive client outcomes that align with evidence based practice.
- Access to a variety of play and strength based games, activities and programs to encourage skill development which makes for a fun day at the office!
- Opportunity to work with a mixed caseload of paediatric and adult clients OR choice of either paediatric or adult clients.
- Access to a Therapy Assistant to support with program and resource development; and administration tasks relating to client appointments and communication.
- Access to Social Work supervision weekly or as required.
- Monthly team development.
- Access to an easy to use Client Management Software complete with templates and on site training and support.
- A Flexible, supportive work environment that provides the opportunity to make a real difference for clients and their tribe of supports.
- Professional development opportunities based on your identified areas of interest and growth.
- Bachelor or Masters of Social Worker
- Current member of Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) with indemnity insurance
- Working with Children Check
- Satisfactory Police Check
- Current Drivers Licence
- Safe, reliable and insured motor vehicle
Desirable (but not essential)
- Desire to work with people with disabilities.
- Experience working with people who have disabilities.
Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
For position enquiries, please contact Chantelle Sims on 0447 490 484
Closing date for applications: Friday 27 August 2021
get in touch
get in touch
Unit 6, 56 Dowe Street
Tamworth NSW 2340
02 6766 2892
Monday to Thursday
9:00am to 4:00pm